The Prophetic Method Award: Second Edition
To encourage researchers in innovative Islamic thought and to introduce the intellectual project of Imam Abdessalam Yassine, may God have mercy on him, and after the success of first edition of the prize (2019), Imam Abdessalam Yassine Foundation for Research and Studies launches the second edition of the Prophetic Method Award. The Award includes three main sections.
By creating this award, Imam Abdessalam Yassine Foundation for Research and Studies aims to:
- Encourage the study and exploration of Imam Yassine’s thought and valuable contributions at various levels: educational, political, methodological, social, . . . etc.
- Explore practical ways of taking advantage of Imam Yassine’s proposals in addressing the pressing issues Muslims and humanity at large are facing today, and in employing his approach in studying the history and present of Muslims, their thought and conduct, as well as the responsibilities entrusted to them both as individuals and as a community.
- Invest the intellectual heritage of the imam – both at the levels of diagnosis and treatment – in the education of the individual and in the revival of the Islamic Ummah at large from its slumber, especially that he always emphasizes the double-bind of the individual and the community.
- Compare and highlight the commonalities between the Imam’s school of thought and other schools of modern Islamic thought.
Categories of the Award
This version of the award includes works in Arabic, French and English in these three categories:
- First section: Academic theses and dissertations (Masters and PhD) that have been defended in the last ten years (2014-2024).
- Second section: Books that address conceptual issues of the “prophetic method”. The submitted book should be structured in accordance with one these two approaches:
- The statement, interpretation, and elaboration of a major issue that is related to the “prophetic method”.
- Comparison between Imam Yassine’s thought and approach in his treatment of these core issues and other figures of thought, be they Muslims or otherwise.
- Third section: Academic articles on the thought of the Imam – following either of the aforementioned approaches – which were or are to be published in one of the peer-reviewed academic journals between 2020-2024.
Value of the award
- The award will be divided between two winners from each section. Each winner will receive a symbolic sum of money, which varies according to the section and rank.
- The scientific committee of the award maintains the right to decide on the works that it deems worthy of being printed.
- The award may be withheld if the required standards are not met at the levels of content and approach.
Procedures and stages
- Theses should have been defended at a university either in Morocco or abroad after 2014.
- The candidate should send both a word and PDF copies of his thesis along with an information sheet that includes the following details: the full name of the researcher / the name of the university institution / the full title of the thesis / the name of the supervising professor / the date of the discussion / the names of the professors who are members of the jury / the grade the researcher received after the defense.
- Theses shall be received until July 30, 2024.
- The scientific committee of the award selects the best research based on a network of specific criteria that bear on quality, language, content, methodology, mastery of the subject, depth of analysis, clear outcomes . . . .
- The scientific committee announces the results of its deliberations before November 20, 2024. The announced results shall be limited to the winning theses in order of merit.
- The Foundation will keep receiving proposals for book projects until February 28, 2023.
- The nominated projects should contain: a clear title, a statement of the major problematic of the research, divided into sub-problematics, description of the followed approach, a preliminary outline of the research, and a tentative list of references. The word count of the proposal should be between 1500 and 2000.
- Authors of the accepted abstracts will be notified before March 30, 2023.
- Complete manuscripts, whose word count must be between 8,000 and 30,000, must be submitted before July 30, 2024.
- After reviewing the complete book manuscripts, the scientific committee will announce the winners in order of merit before November 20, 2024.
- The Foundation receives articles that have been published after 2020.
- The Foundation receives published articles until July 30, 2024.
- The Foundation also begins receiving abstracts of non-published articles until January 30, 2023.
- The submitted works should contain: a clear title, the problematic of the research, a preliminary outline for the topic, and a list of references. The range of the word count should be between 4,000 and 10,000.
- The scientific committee informs the authors of the accepted abstracts before February 28, 2023.
- All submitted papers should be sent in Word & PDF formats, along with the cover of the journal and the page containing its basic information (issue – date and place of publication – editorial board – scientific staff).
- After evaluating and reviewing the final articles, the scientific committee will classify the winners in the order of merit and announce the final results before November 20, 2024.
- Imam Abdessalam Yassine Foundation for Research and Studies – Morocco
- For inquiries and submissions, please email the following: email@example.com